Commercial Auto Insurance in Vermont

T.S. Peck Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Vermont

Regardless of how often you drive for business, if your company operates a vehicle, you need commercial auto insurance. There are a variety of coverage options to meet the specific needs of your business, and the agents at T.S. Peck are ready to help you purchase the policy that’s right for you.

Get a Quote

Client Testimonials

“Friendly and prompt – I have been with T.S Peck for many years and have no complaints with their trusted service. They have always taken a friendly approach to their craft and are always willing to answer all of my questions!”

John S.

“We Contacted T.S Peck Insurance to inquire about auto insurance/ After with with Jake, we explored combining our auto and home insurance, in turn realizing a big savings.”

Lary P.
“When I called for a quote, my agent was personable and helpful. He always got back to me quickly with answers, which is extremely important. The entire process was handled in a timely manner and was able to meet my expectations and beyond.”
Dayne D.
“Jake Hynes and the folks at T.S. Peck have been awesome to work with! As a recent start-up, we were new to the “buying business insurance” scene. One phone call and all our concerns were laid to rest. The service has been great and the prices are very competitive. We recently price shopped again and found we were still in the best hands!”
Scott L.
Commercial Auto Insurance Vermont

Vermont State Legal Requirements

If your employee is in an accident while driving for business, your company can be held liable for the damages. These cost can be extensive, with vehicular and property damage, medical expenses, and lawsuits. All vehicles in Vermont must carry a minimum amount of liability insurance. This includes any vehicles owned by your company. These minimums for your commercial auto insurance are:

  • $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person
  • $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident
  • $10,000 of property damage coverage per accident

In addition, you must carry uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. If you or your employee is in an accident and the other party is deemed at fault, this will help pay if they do not have enough insurance coverage.

It should be noted that if you hire drivers under the age of 18, they must have had their junior operator license for more than one year, according to state law. At T.S. Peck Insurance, we will help you make sure that your commercial auto insurance policy adheres to all Vermont statues.

Non-Owned Vehicle Coverage

If your business does not own a vehicle, that does not mean you don’t need business auto insurance. Most personal auto policies will not cover damages incurred during business activities. Most specifically exclude activities such as business deliveries. If your delivery drivers use their personal vehicles, or you send employees out on business errands, your company may still be liable for damages and injuries they may cause.

To provide coverage for these situations, you can add an endorsement to your business auto or commercial property policy for hired non-owned vehicles. This will provide liability coverage to help pay for medical expenses, damages, and legal fees that are not covered by your employee’s personal auto policy.

Commercial Auto Insurance Vermont

Your business auto premiums will depend on a number of factors including the driving records of your employee drivers. Be sure to update your policy if your drivers have changed. Every business has unique commercial auto insurance needs. Our trained agents at T.S. Peck Insurance will help you determine what kind of coverage is right for your business. We work with auto insurance companies in Vermont and across the country to provide you with affordable and comprehensive commercial auto coverage.

Get in touch with our team!

T.S. Peck Insurance

For questions or concerns, please contact our independent insurance agents.

Office: 41 IDX Drive, Suite 135
South Burlington, VT 05403

Office: 158 Lake St,
St Albans, VT 05478